Monday, September 28, 2009

Re-cap 9/21/09-9/27/09

Whoa...

busy weekend. So, yeah, there's a lot to tell and not a lot to tell. (huh?) Well, in true "I have a point to make" form, I will provide information in bullet-point form.

*Spent 'nother six hours in the studio for class again. Almost have 100 sounds completed and will do so tonight. I'm not sure what the next step is, but it's likely to be the actual composing stage of the class.

*As previously mentioned, I'm working with Team Ko'Mano on their iPhone port of Solar (Basic) which will have new content added and become Solar (Advanced). All sound assets are due on October 9th (yikes!), but sound effects are complete along with the majority of the main title music. This is a completely new experience for me, having not written with a very specific purpose in mind. However, the guys on the team are great and supportive. Not to mention, their website is cool, so check it out when you have a chance.

*I had a very interesting conversation with a guy named Luke Eddins who has a small business called Luke Hits. His business mission is this:
The goal of Luke Hits is to give little-known unsigned artists (yes, the dude who records killer songs on his home computer in middle-of-nowhere Kansas) with sweet hit songs a chance to get heard. That simple.
In my quest to find sound design work, I had put up an ad on Craigslist, which he found through an "All Call" of "Sound Design." Long story short, there might be some possible sound design work in the future for commercials or other web content. So cool! Essentially I would have to bid for the contract by writing something up, but it could become something entirely worthwhile.

*I have other exciting plans in the works, but am not at liberty to talk about them right now. Thanks for stopping by on this beautiful day (66 degrees and sunny). Here's to roads filled with dreams and beautiful rainbows. Sounding off!

No comments:

Post a Comment