Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Updates Among Us

Dear Blog,

I apologize for neglecting you. It's not my fault that I've decided to take on so much work that you have not been updated regularly. Really, they made me do it!

So, wow, there's so much going on in the world of audio. Here are a few highlights:
  • I'm nearing completion of one of the flash games, put out by Team Ko'Mano, LEAP. The audio will be completed and submitted before the month's end. Check out one of the cool pieces of artwork for the game:

  • To focus on an unanounced project during the month of December, I will be supervising two composers for the remaining projects, P.U.L.S.E. and Red Core, each of which will be completed and released before the year's end. I will still be in charge of all sound effects and compression, but will be relinquishing my compositional duties. My time and efforts will be directed elsewhere. You can check out Jonah Hontos' and Brad Stark for their work on other projects. I'm really looking forward to working with these guys.
  • Class is still in session and I have four weeks to complete my project. I have completely shifted focus from my original project. I've been charged by Scott Wyatt to take a new approach to writing in which I'll be focusing more on orchestration and less on the material produced. The exercise is intended to improve my skill set with game audio in that the pacing requires quick writing yet still polished work. Essentially, I will have completed 5-6 min of writing within 2.5 weeks and will orchestra for the next four. This goes against the grain of my soul, but it's proving to be a valuable in terms of following my intuition. Writing more, criticizing later and less.
  • I will have the next 3 x 5 up by tomorrow, so keep posted for more! I'm exhausted just form the typing!

No comments:

Post a Comment